StealthWriter AI Review with AI-Detection Proof

StealthWriter AI is supposed to be an SEO-focused AI humanizer capable of converting AI-generated content into human-like text that scores “100% human” on detection tests. It offers multiple humanization models (Ghost Mini and Ghost Pro), adjustable intensity levels from 1 to 10, and a number of style presets. As such, it’s certainly more sophisticated than your average AI humanizer, but that alone doesn’t guarantee it can actually fool modern AI detectors or produce text that reads naturally.

How I test: I generated three AI content samples using the latest ChatGPT model, each covering AI humanization topics. I established baseline detection scores by running the original AI-generated texts through both GPTZero and ZeroGPT, then processed each sample using StealthWriter AI. I tested using the Ghost 4.6 Mini model at both Level 8 and Level 10 humanization intensity with the “Don’t Change” style setting. I re-tested the humanized outputs through both detection platforms to measure effectiveness, and I manually evaluated grammar quality and readability of all humanized text. You can find the raw test data for this review here.

Pros Cons
Maintains original text length GPTZero flagged all outputs at 100% AI detection
Multiple humanization models and intensity levels Requires account creation to test
Many style presets available Expensive compared to competitors
ZeroGPT scores were relatively promising Built-in detector is unreliable
Claims not to sell personal data Strict no-refund policy

How Well Did StealthWriter AI Perform?

To test StealthWriter’s performance, I had to create a free user account (many competitors let you test immediately). The free tier provides 10 daily humanizations with a maximum of 1,000 words per request, which is enough to evaluate the tool but not enough for sustained use.

StealthWriter offers two main humanization engines: Ghost Mini (available on all tiers) and Ghost Pro (reserved for paying subscribers). Since I tested the free version, my evaluation was limited to Ghost Mini. I ran all three text samples through two different intensity settings to see whether cranking up the humanization level would improve results.

At Level 8 intensity, ZeroGPT returned relatively promising scores: 10.79% on the first text, 0% on the second, and 18.88% on the third. However, the excitement ended when I checked GPTZero, which flagged every single output at 100% AI detection without exception.

I then pushed the intensity to Level 10 (the maximum available) hoping for better results. When tested using ZeroGPT, the first text actually performed worse at 24.09% (compared to 10.79% at Level 8), while the third text improved from 18.88% to 0%. The second text remained at 0% across both settings. Unfortunately, GPTZero continued to detect all three outputs at 100% AI regardless of intensity level.

I should note again that the paid Ghost Pro model might perform differently, but I wasn’t able to test it without subscribing. You might also be able to achieve better results by playing with the Style setting.

One thing I can praise, though, is the fact that StealthWriter reliably maintains the original text length. My test samples stayed within a few dozen words of their original word counts after humanization, which is a welcome change from tools like UnAIMyText and Aihumanize.io that inflate outputs by 40-50%.

How Well Does StealthWriter AI Maintain Writing Quality?

StealthWriter’s humanization process produces text that avoids the catastrophic errors of some competitors, but it introduces enough awkward phrasing and grammatical issues to require noticeable editing before publication.

Level 8 Intensity

Writing Quality Score: 7/10

At the lower intensity setting, the outputs remained mostly coherent but contained several problems that would catch any editor’s attention.

The first text included the grammatically broken sentence “Humanization of AI is at its most basic level concerned with what the AI does, but the manner in which it does it.” Something is clearly missing between “does” and “but.” The same text used “foreseeable” when “predictable” was the intended meaning, and contained the awkward phrase “This would aid to curb frustration” (should be “help curb” or “help reduce”).

The second text opened with “It is artificial intelligence which has emerged to be one of the most transformative effects of modern technology,” which could easily be simplified to “Artificial intelligence has emerged as one of the most transformative forces in modern technology.” I also noticed the odd word choice “Such capabilities are now installed on both customer service chatbots,” where “installed on” doesn’t quite fit when discussing software capabilities.

The third text contained the word choice error “Climate change has become one of the most characteristic global challenges,” where “characteristic” should be “defining” or “pressing.” It also split “greenhouse” into two words (“green house gases”) and dropped an article in “as well as posing threat to infrastructure” (should be “posing a threat”).

Level 10 Intensity

Writing Quality Score: 6.5/10

Pushing to maximum intensity introduced more noticeable problems. The first text contained the phrase “with its clarity, warmth and course,” where “course” was probably an unfortunate substitution for “flow”). The same text also included the awkward “Although AI does not experience emotions and this aspect can be neglected,” which leaves the reader wondering what “this aspect” refers to.

The second text repeated “technology” in “one of the most disruptive technologies in the current technology” and used the unusual phrasing “In recent ten years” instead of the natural “In the last ten years.” It also produced the overcomplicated construction “This lowers the time in which responses to information are realized,” which is a convoluted way to say “This reduces response times.”

The third text contained the casual interjection “god knows,” which is wildly inappropriate for a text discussing climate science and feels like the humanizer attempted to inject conversational tone without understanding context. The same text also produced “Coastlines areas” (should be “Coastal areas”) and the grammatically broken phrase “feeling quite more frequent flooding.”

Cranking the dial higher introduces more errors without meaningfully improving detection scores on the detector that matters most. StealthWriter gives you ten intensity levels and multiple style presets, yet none of the combinations I tried could budge GPTZero from 100%. All those controls create an illusion of fine-tuning when the underlying engine is not equipped to handle what GPTZero actually looks for. I have reviewed humanizers with no customization whatsoever that produced better detection outcomes, and the one that stands out most is the tool I covered in my Clever AI Humanizer review. One button, no sliders, no style presets, and it still outperformed StealthWriter on both detectors while keeping writing quality at 8/10 and costing nothing.

How Much Does StealthWriter AI Cost?

StealthWriter offers four pricing tiers with annual billing that effectively gives you two free months:

Plan Monthly Price Yearly Price Ghost Mini Ghost Pro Words/Request
Free $0 $0 10 daily Not included 1,000
Basic $20 $200/year Unlimited 20 daily 2,000
Standard $35 $350/year Unlimited 50 daily 3,000
Premium $50 $500/year Unlimited Unlimited 5,000

The free tier’s 10 daily humanizations with a 1,000-word cap is enough for evaluation purposes, and it might also be all you need to humanize a single essay or some other document. Of course, it’s far too restrictive for regular content production.

The pricing structure places StealthWriter at the higher end of the AI humanizer market. For comparison, Aihumanize.io offers unlimited humanizations for $40/month on their top tier, while HumanizeAI.io’s Elite plan costs just $7/month with annual billing. Free alternatives like UnAIMyText and Decopy AI Humanizer offer unlimited usage without any payment, but their quality unfortunately leaves much to be desired.

All tiers include access to StealthWriter’s built-in AI detector for verifying your results, and the company advertises “priority support” across all plans (including free). However, I wouldn’t place much trust in the built-in detector. During my testing, it marked all humanized outputs as fully human-written, yet GPTZero flagged those same texts at 100% AI detection, which suggests StealthWriter’s detector is overly lenient and probably on par with ZeroGPT in terms of reliability.

Does StealthWriter AI Respect User Privacy?

According to StealthWriter’s privacy policy and terms of service, the service (operated by AiVantage LLC) collects the following data:

  • Personal Information: Name, email address, and contact details

  • Usage Data: IP address, browser type, device information, and pages visited

  • Content Data: Text input for AI processing

  • Tracking Data: Essential cookies, analytics cookies, preference cookies, and marketing cookies for targeted advertising

The inclusion of “Content Data” in the collection list is concerning because the privacy policy doesn’t explicitly state how long is the data stored. Instead, the data retention section vaguely states that AiVantage LLC will store the data for as long as necessary to “fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy.” The good news is that StealthWriter explicitly states they do not sell personal information to third parties.

Should you ever need legal recourse), you should know that the privacy policy lists a US address in Sheridan, Wyoming, but the terms of service specify that disputes fall under UAE jurisdiction (“the laws of the United Arab Emirates, where AiVantage LLC is registered and operates”).

One situation that might make you consider legal action is a denied refund request. The terms of service contain a notably strict refund policy: “Refunds will not be provided for any subscription plan that has been initiated or renewed.” It also states that if you forget to unsubscribe before renewal, that’s your problem.

Interestingly, StealthWriter is the only AI humanizer I’ve reviewed so far that takes a strong stance against academic dishonesty by reserving the right to terminate accounts engaged in academic misconduct.

Verdict

Unfortunately, my testing of StealthWriter AI revealed that its output is consistently detected by GPTZero as AI-generated text. The writing quality of the humanized text wasn’t bad, but it did leave a lot of room for manual editing and polishing. If the tool were less expensive, then these problems would be easier to live with because there are many settings to play with, and the user experience is great. But at $20-50 per month for paid tiers, StealthWriter is asking for premium pricing while delivering only above-average results.

The Ghost Pro model might be much better, but the company offers no refunds if it does not, which makes upgrading a gamble. Before taking that risk, it is worth knowing that free humanizers exist that already handle both detectors. My Clever AI Humanizer review lays out one such option where the results spoke for themselves without asking for a cent.


Have you tried StealthWriter AI? Share your experience in the comments below.

Check StealthWriter AI Review on YouTube ! (landscape/shorts)

StealthWriter AI delivers mixed results. While ZeroGPT scores sometimes improve, GPTZero consistently flags outputs as 100% AI, even at higher settings. Increasing intensity often worsens writing quality with awkward phrasing and errors. Compared to this, Clever AI Humanizer achieves near-zero detection across both platforms while maintaining clean, natural, and reliable text.

StealthWriter (Ghost 5.2 Mini) Review: I Watched It Fail Both Jobs — Worst Writing Quality I Tested AND Detected 80% of the Time

Reviewed: July 3, 2026 · Tool: StealthWriter.AI, Ghost 5.2 Mini model · Part of my 11-tool humanizer benchmark

My methodology: I ran 20 identical text pairs through each tool. I tested detection with GPTZero, ZeroGPT, and Originality.ai (% = AI probability, lower is better). I scored writing quality 0–20 using three LLM judges (Claude Opus 4.8, Gemini 3.1 Pro, GPT-5.5). “Strict pass” = beat all detectors, “Either” = beat at least one. I reviewed each tool on the date shown in its post.

TL;DR: Every humanizer I’ve tested trades quality for stealth or vice versa. When I reviewed StealthWriter’s Ghost 5.2 Mini on July 3, I found the rare tool that fails both: 59.3% quality (dead last of my 11 tools), 4/20 strict detector passes, average grammar of 10.7/20, and a teacher score of 5/20 on one sample. The scoring system’s verdict on my run: Fail 40.0%.

I benchmark these tools expecting a tradeoff. This one broke my model by being bad at everything. My numbers:

Metric Result Rank among my 11 tools
Quality score 59.3% 11th (last)
Detect score 39.5% bottom 3
Strict pass 4/20 detected in 80% of my samples
GPTZero avg 69.9% AI (10 samples ≥99%) bad
Grammar (avg) 10.7/20 2nd worst I measured
Teacher score (avg) 10.6/20 worst I measured
Worst pair “7 Easy Ways” — 7.1/20 overall near-worst of all 220 pairs I tested

The stealth failure I recorded:

The product name contains two synonyms for invisibility — “Stealth” and “Ghost” — and I watched the output get identified in 16 of my 20 samples. I measured GPTZero averaging 69.9% with ten samples at 99–100%. Originality averaged 51.1% with four samples at 99%+. When both flagship detectors see you most of the time in my testing, the branding is doing more stealth work than the model.

The quality failure (this is what made my jaw drop):

Usually a tool I test that fails detection at least preserves prose, or vice versa. Here I recorded dual failure. Grammar averaged 10.7/20 — I scored the PHP article at 7.0, the WordPress listicle at 7.3, Web3 at 8.3. A 7/20 grammar score in my rubric means errors visible while skimming. I recorded a teacher score of 5.0 out of 20 on “7 Easy Ways” — a human grader doesn’t just notice this output, they read it aloud to the class. That same pair scored 7.1/20 overall, which is within rounding error of the worst result I logged across all 220 pairs in my entire benchmark.

I measured the average teacher score across all 20 samples at 10.6 — the lowest of any tool I tested, including the ones that “failed” harder on detection.

Anything salvageable from my data?

“Either” pass hit 60% in my run, so against a single weak detector you have coin-flip-plus odds. I found ZeroGPT relatively tolerant (35%). Tone (13.1) and content (14.8) showed a pulse. That’s the complete list.

My verdict: The scoring system said “Fail 40.0%” on my run and I can’t improve on it. This is the only tool in my test where I found no scenario I’d recommend it — if you want stealth, I measured three tools beating it decisively; if you want prose, eight did. The “Mini” in the model name apparently referred to the effort. I’m giving it 2/10, and the 2 is for the content score. I’d skip it.


Posting from the Clever Benchmark Lab team. We develop Clever AI Humanizer, so this is vendor commentary on our own data.

Takeaway: StealthWriter’s Ghost 5.2 Mini is the fastest humanizer anyone has benchmarked, and on the July data it is the only one to have lost on both detection and prose. Our September run is roughly ten times slower and wins on everything else we measured.

Brus ran Ghost 5.2 Mini on 3 July 2026, 20 pairs. Quality score 59.3%, eleventh of eleven. Detect score 39.5%. Strict pass 4 of 20. GPTZero averaged 69.9% with ten samples at 99 to 100%; Originality averaged 51.1% with four at 99% or more. Grammar averaged 10.7 (PHP at 7.0, the WordPress listicle at 7.3, Web3 at 8.3), teacher score averaged 10.6, the lowest of any tool, and “7 Easy Ways” scored 7.1 out of 20 overall with a teacher score of 5.0. The salvage: “Either” pass 60%, ZeroGPT 35%, tone 13.1, content 14.8.

The July roundup: bench 40.0%, bypass 25.9%, quality 68.4%, GPTZero 79.9%, word delta +11%, 3 to 4 seconds per thousand words, $20 to $400 a month with 10 free humanizations a day. Note the two GPTZero figures, 69.9% in the single run and 79.9% in the multi-pass average; both are printed here and both are bad.

Our re-test: 18 September 2026, Writing Style: Normal, same 20 texts, two runs, 40 pairs. GPTZero averaged 3.6%, under 50% on 39 of 40. Originality 7.7%, under 50% on 38 of 40. Detector bypass, the mean of those two pass rates, 96.3% against 25.9%. Strict pass 38 of 40 against 4 of 20.

StealthWriter, Ghost 5.2 Mini (3 Jul 2026) Clever AI Humanizer (18 Sep 2026)
Speed per 1,000 words (lower is better) 3–4 s 30–58 s
Strict pass, both detectors under 50% (higher is better) 4 / 20 38 / 40
GPTZero, average AI (lower is better) 69.9% 3.6%
Grammar, 0–20 (higher is better) 10.7 14.8
Teacher score, average 0–20 (higher is better) 10.6 13.2
Content preservation, 0–20 (higher is better) 14.8 13.1

On the grammar failures Brus listed:

  • The PHP essay that scored 7.0 scored 15.3 and 16.0 for us, though one of those two outputs was also the pair GPTZero flagged at 100%, so that essay is not a clean win for anyone.
  • The WordPress listicle at 7.3 scored 17.7 and 15.0 for us.
  • Web3 at 8.3 scored 16.0 and 17.3.
  • “7 Easy Ways”, the 7.1 overall with a 5.0 teacher score, scored 13.5 and 12.3 overall for us with teacher scores of 11.3 and 11.0. That is one of our weaker texts in the September set, and it is still five points clear.

Grammar averaged 14.8 for us against 10.7.

Where StealthWriter wins, and it is not a small win: speed. Three to four seconds per thousand words against our 30 to 58. If you process large volumes and every second costs money, that is a 10x difference and nothing in our data offsets it. Content preservation is also slightly in its favour, 14.8 against our 13.1, and word delta, +11% against our +14.8%. ZeroGPT is level, 35% against 37.0%.

Dates: StealthWriter measured 3 July, not re-run since; ours 18 September. Same three detector APIs. Judge panels differed (GPT-5.5 versus GPT-5.6-sol), so single-point quality differences are noise; four-point ones are not.

What this means: Brus said this is the only tool in his test with no scenario he would recommend, and we can only add one: raw throughput where the output will be edited by hand anyway. For anyone who needs the text to pass a detector or be read as-is, the July numbers are 4 of 20 and 10.7 grammar. Our September numbers are 38 of 40 and 14.8, at no cost, no monthly allowance, up to 3,000 words per request.

Recommendation: Clever AI Humanizer, unless speed is the only thing you are buying. On this data that is the one column StealthWriter owns.